This Easter bunny cheeseball is the perfect appetizer for your Easter brunch or dinner! It’s a perfect centerpiece for the table, a great conversation starter, and sure to be the center of attention!
Who’s ready for Easter? I love Easter, I love celebrating the Savior’s resurrection, getting dressed up for church and hosting lunch or dinner after. I really love spring and the feeling of newness and fresh life that comes with our Easter celebrating. This Easter bunny cheeseball is sure to be a hit at your Easter celebration. He’s so easy to make and you know everyone will love it!
Cheeseballs are so simple and everyone loves them. win-win! Mix it up in our stand mixer (make sure your cream cheese is room temperature) and then roll it and pop it in the fridge. Couldn’t be easier.
I love a decorated cheeseball! Be sure to check out my Easter Chick cheeseball, it would look so darling with this bunny together on an Easter appetizer table!
Ingredients for Easter bunny cheeseball:
For this recipe I decided to make my favorite appetizer, bacon wrapped jalapeños, into a cheeseball. The result is delicious and actually much easier than wrapping individual cream cheese stuffed jalapeños with bacon. I highly recommend both recipes but if you’re running short on time- go with this guy.
- Cream Cheese– The base of our cheese ball, make sure it’s at room temperature when you’re ready to make this recipe. I like to pull mine out 2-3 hours in advance.
- Bacon– Precooked and crumbled bacon adds so much flavor!
- Jalapeños – Make sure you wear gloves while your cutting Jalapeños, I’ve made the mistake of touching my eyes after handling hot peppers and it’s no fun! Discard the seeds to ensure the heat isn’t too much and then dice the pepper into nice tiny pieces.
- Lawry’s seasoned salt– I love the extra flavor punch that seasoned salt adds.
- Garlic powder– Giving a little extra flavor and complexity a small amount goes a long way!
- Shredded White Cheese– I like how the white cheese kind of mimics bunny fur on the outside of the cheeseball.
- Candy Eyeballs– I used the extra large candy eyes for this bunny!
- Radishes, Parsnips & Cauliflower– You’ll need these veggies to decorate the cheeseball to look like an Easter bunny. I mean how cute is that cauliflower tail?
More Cheeseball recipes
If you want to make this Easter bunny cheeseball but jalapeno bacon isn’t your favorite you could use a store bought cheeseball or make any of these flavors of cheeseballs.
- Pecan Pineapple Cheeseball
- French Onion Cheeseball
- Everything Bagel Cheeseball
- Buffalo Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
- Cranberry, Walnut & Gorgonzola Cheeseball
How to make a cheeseball:
- Use room temperature cream cheese. It’s almost as crucial as when you’re making a cheesecake. Leave the cream cheese out on your counter at least an hour before mixing the ingredients together.
- Use a stand mixer. The best thing about cheeseballs is how fast they are to make. As long as you’ve got your cream cheese at room temperature you can literally make it in 10 minutes or less. Just pop all the ingredients into your stand mixer and let ‘er whirl.
- Get your hands wet. I found the easiest way to form the gooey room temperature mixture into a ball is to get your hands wet. It prevents the cheeseball from sticking to you and lets you shape it quickly, then wrap it up in plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge to firm up.
You all know that I love a good dressed up cheeseball. It all started with my Thanksgiving turkey cheeseball, then came the leprechaun cheeseball. After that I needed some festive Easter cheeseballs and created the chick cheeseball and this bunny. I also created a simple basketball cheeseball perfect for March madness and a penguin cheeseball for anytime during the winter! Moral of the story- I love a cute cheeseball!
- 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Package of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 3 Jalapenos, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 cups Shredded white cheeses, divided
- 2 Candy eyeballs
- 2 Radishes
- 1 Parsnip
- 1 Cauliflower floret
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add all the cheese ball ingredients, except 1 cup of the shredded cheese and mix with the paddle attachment until well combined.
- With wet hands grab the entire mixture and form into a ball. Roll the ball in the shredded cheese to coat the entire ball.
- Place on plastic wrap and then wrap up and put in the fridge. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up before decorating.
- To decorate as a bunny I used 1 parsnip, 1 radish, 1 cauliflower floret and 2 Candy Eyeballs. To make the nose I used a sharp paring knife and cut the shape I wanted out of 1/2 of a radish. I then peeled the second radish and used the peel as the inside of the ears and the line for the mouth. I cut a parsnip lengthwise and then trimmed it to be the shape of the ears. I also added a big cauliflower floret for the tail. Everything will stick onto the cheeseball if you press all the pieces firmly in it.
To make your cheeseball make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, I like to take mine out 2 hours prior to making the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend. I would never recommend products I don't love and use!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
If you make this please let me know! I love to see it when you make things from the blog! Share it with me in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook! Want to save this recipe for later? Pin the image below!