Valentine Heart Mango Cream Tart
Heart Mango Cream Tart
- Sugar Cookie Dough
Filling & Topping
- +4 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon plain unflavored gelatin
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup mango puree (i sliced up 1 mango and pureed it in my blender)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 mangoes sliced into thin slices
- Place sugar cookie dough in the bottom of the tender heart mold in a 1/4″ thick layer and bake according to your recipe or package instructions. Let cool completely before putting custard into mold. I like the betty crocker sugar cookie mix.
- Place 4 teaspoons water in small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand until gelatin softens, 10 to 12 minutes. Whisk yolks, sugar, cornstarch, mango puree and orange peel in medium bowl to blend. Bring milk to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk hot milk into yolk mixture. Return to same saucepan. Whisk until custard thickens and boils, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture and whisk until dissolved and custard is smooth.
- Transfer custard to another medium bowl. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes (custard will be very thick).
- Once cool pour custard into the heart mold over the sugar cookie crust and chill tart until filling sets, at least 3 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Once tart is set take out and layer the mango slices next to each other to create the rose effect. Place back in fridge and chill for at least an hour before unmolding and serving. Once chilled carefully peel one side of the mold and from the bottom push out the entire tart onto a cake plate or tray to serve.
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!