Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
These apple cinnamon streusel muffins are the perfect fall breakfast muffin!
- For the Muffin Batter:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded apples, a box grater works great!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 container AE Apple Pie Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
For the Streusel:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Make the streusel by combining all the streusel ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and mixing until they are combined and it becomes a sandy texture. Set aside
- Make the muffin batter by first combining the dry ingredients- flours, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the coconut oil and the brown sugar. Once combined add the dry ingredients alternately with the yogurt and eggs and vanilla. Last, fold in the shredded apples.
- Spoon a little less than 1/4 cup of batter into the bottom of each muffin well, then pour 1 tablespoon of the streusel topping on top of it, so it will be in the center of the muffin as well as on top! Finish off with another layer of muffin batter and then another tablespoon of streusel.
- Bake the muffins at 350 for 20-25 minutes, a toothpick should come out clean. Enjoy!
I’m such a big fan of AE Dairy and the many delicious dairy products they provide. If you’re in the midwest I’m sure you’re as much of a fan as I am! Be sure to follow them on social media to get all the latest scoop. Facebook/ Pinterest/ Youtube
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.