Chiles Rellenos Egg Cups
I love make ahead breakfast recipes! These egg cups are so good to make to have in the fridge for the week. Don’t get me wrong they are delicious right out of the oven as well.
There is literally no prep work for this dish which makes it so FAST! Just dump all your ingredients in and bake! Be sure to watch the video above to see how fast and easy this recipe is!
This easy recipe for breakfast egg cups can be made ahead and heated up throughout the week, the added latin flavors make these chiles rellenos egg cups a delicious and healthy breakfast!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk, cream or sour cream (which ever you prefer)
- 2 4oz cans of chopped green chilis
- 1/3 cup drained roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa & sour cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, chilis and peppers, fold in the cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Pour your egg mixture into the wells of 12 muffin cups filling them 3/4 of the way full. If you are not using a Flexipan Muffin Tray you will need to spray or grease it well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before un-molding and serving. Top with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
If you make these please share it with me!! It thrills me to hear from you and see what you’ve made! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook! Happy Breakfasting friends!