These superfood peanut butter chocolate energy bites are the perfect way to curb hunger and add a healthy snack into your day. Made with Amazing Grass® Green Superfood® you can be sure you’re getting extra greens, fruits and veggies with every delicious snack bite!
This post is sponsored by Amazing Grass® Green Superfood® at Sam’s Club, and all opinions are honestly mine. This post contains affiliate links.
What is Amazing Grass?
Are you always looking for more ways to add nutrients into your family’s diet? I know I am. Knowing that one small scoop of Amazing Grass contains 2 full servings of fruits & veggies has me wanting to incorporate it into as many recipes as possible. You can find Amazing Grass at Sam’s Club in the vitamin area and the container has 45 servings in it!
What does Amazing Grass taste like?
The Amazing Grass serving suggestion is to mix it into water, juice or smoothies. I tested it out in just plain water to see how strong the taste was because let’s be honest, my kids are not going to eat anything if they take a bite and it tastes gross to them.
I’m so happy to report that Amazing Grass has a mild taste, even when mixed with just water. There is definitely a green after taste when just mixed with water but, it’s so minimal with juice or in a smoothie that my kids don’t notice a difference.
A great way to easily enjoy Amazing Grass is to add it to recipes like these peanut butter chocolate energy bites. Guys, these no bake energy balls are so good. You know that I’m a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate so of course I’m going to love these.
Amazing Grass is super easy to use. I’m going to be adding it to pancakes, waffles, muffins, smoothies and anything else I can think of that won’t be too disturbed by being colored green. 🙂 I figure I’ll just tell my kids they are the HULK pancakes. ha! I love that it’s packed with organic greens, wholesome fruits and veggies, plus nutrient-dense superfoods. My kids are always lacking in veggie intake!
Energy Bites Variations
This healthy energy ball recipe is a great base that can be changed to your liking. It’s a really simple no-bake recipe that you mix up and form into balls. Here are some ideas for variations on my chocolate peanut butter energy bites:
- Change the nut butter. I use peanut butter but you could easily swap it out for almond butter or cashew butter.
- Skip the cocoa powder and add 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Try adding 1/2 cup of dried fruit like cranberries, raisins or cherries.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Add 1/4 cup of maple syrup and 1/2 cup of honey (instead of 3/4 cup of honey)
I love how easy energy bites are to make, a few years ago when I was nursing my 3rd baby I made Fenugreek Lactation Bites that helped increase my milk supply. Be sure to check that recipe out and share with any of your nursing mama friends.
How to make Healthy Energy Bites
These superfood peanut butter chocolate energy bites are simple and quick to make in just two steps:
- Dump everything in your mixer and mix until combines. You’ll want to scrape down the sides of the mixer a few times through the mixing. But it doesn’t take more than a few minutes to get all the ingredients fully combined.
- Form them into balls. I love my cookie scoop for this part! you can easily use a spoon and your hands but a cookie scoop makes process easier and faster.
TIP: Use mini chocolate chips. Regular chocolate chips still taste great but the mini ones more evenly distribute through the little bite.
How to store energy bites
After making these energy bites you’ll want to store them in the fridge in an airtight container. They will be at the ready whenever you have a hunger craving! They should be good for at least a week in the fridge (if they last that long!).
- 3 cups oats
- 3 scoops Amazing Grass
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of honey or agave
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini chocolate chips would be perfect)
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment until everything is combined.
- Spoon out and form into balls, mine were slightly bigger than what I would make for cookies, around 1 1/2″ diameter. It should make about 20-25 at this size.
- Keep in an air tight container in your fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend. I would never recommend products I don't love and use!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g