So here is my public service announcement for the day: AE Egg Nog is at the grocery store friends, go and get it! And if you don't slurp it all down in the first few hours you can whip up this super easy and delicious Egg Nog cinnamon bread.
I have a confession to make, up until a few weeks ago I had never tasted Egg Nog. My husband was completely flabbergasted and honestly I don't know why I had been afraid to try it. Its basically Christmas in your mouth. It may help that my first taste of Egg Nog was what many think of as the best possible version of Egg Nog on the market- AE Classic Egg Nog. Matt tried it last Christmas season and was a total convert. When I told him I was going to be partnering with AE this year on the blog the first thing he said was "their Egg Nog is amazing".
There are 3 parts to this recipe: the basic bread dough, the swirl topping, and the glaze. Its going to be the perfect addition to your Christmas morning table or something sweet to comfort house guests as they stay up late and chat around your kitchen during the holidays. It doesn't take long to make and as it cooks your house smells heavenly.
What is your favorite thing to do with Egg Nog? I've been brainstorming all kinds of goodies to make with this liquid Christmas and I'd love to hear your family traditions and recipes. Share them with me in the comments or on Facebook or Instagram.
If you make this Egg Nog Cinnamon Bread please tag me on Instagram, it makes me SO happy to see you creating and enjoying recipes from the blog.
A delicious treat for the Holidays, this Egg Nog Cinnamon bread is sure to be a hit!
Serve it up warm Christmas morning or for an evening snack for Holiday guests, no matter when you eat it this Egg Nog Cinnamon bread will be a new favorite recipe!
A delicious holiday recipe, this egg nog cinnamon bread is a delicious breakfast, dessert or snack!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup AE Classic Egg Nog
- 1 Tablespoon AE Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup AE Sour Cream
- Swirl Topping
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Icing Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons AE Classic Egg Nog
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Prep a loaf or other small pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine all your dry ingredients and mix. Add in the wet ingredients one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add bread dough to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl combine swirl ingredients together – sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & water. Spread it evenly over bread dough and then using a knife swirl it into the top of the dough to incorporate it into the bread.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze ingredients by combining 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon AE Classic Egg Nog. When the bread has cooled, pour the glaze over the top and serve. Enjoy!.
Speaking of Egg Nog and Holiday drinks AE has so many specialty drinks out this year including the Classic Egg Nog I used to make this bread, Lite Egg Nog, Milk Nog (which is 1/2 Egg Nog & 1/2 Milk), Dark Chocolate Milk, Horchata (A cinnamon & vanilla milk), and my personal favorite the After Dinner Mint Chocolate Milk. Yum!
To see more news from AE follow them on their social channels, they are always sharing awesome recipes & new products. Facebook/ Pinterest/ Twitter/ YouTube
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin the image below!