This recipe has been one of the most visited posts on this blog for several years! This thanksgiving turkey cheeseball is cute, fun to make and easy. You can prep it ahead of time and pull it out while your whipping up all your other dishes for the big meal. People get a real kick out of him, so go ahead and make one for Thanksgiving this year!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend.
I mean, really. Have you ever seen such a cute turkey cheese ball?! No you haven't! My mom was in town last week and we whipped up a lot of fun holiday treats, so get ready the next 2 months are going to be filled with so many adorable eats you wont even be able to handle it. ;) So today i give you mr. gobbler Thanksgiving cheese ball he is tasty and adorable and is sure to be the hit of the party or appetizer table on thanksgiving day. Keep reading for the recipe.
You can make the cheeseball ahead of time and even the turkey head and then assemble it right before guests arrive.
We love having this turkey cheeseball out for a little laugh and delicious appetizer before the big meal! Ingredients:
- 2 8oz pkgs of cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced green bell pepper
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple well drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans For Decorating
- pretzel sticks
- whopper candy
- beef jerkey stick
- candy eyes
- candy corn
- fruit roll up
- chocolate icing or melted chocolate (I prefer to use melted chocolate)
- Mix all ingredients other than the pecans together until well combined, i used my kitchenaid stand mixer. With damp hands roll the mixture into a ball and then roll in chopped pecans. Wrap it in wax paper and put it in the fridge to chill and firm up a bit.
- Oh and btw this cheese ball is super yummy. We made this just to photograph it and it was gone in a few days with only 3 people (well really only 2) snacking on it. It's my favorite go to cheese ball recipe.
- Decorate: To make the turkey "feathers" stick your pretzel sticks into the back 1/2 of the cheese ball. To create mr. gobblers head take a stick of beef jerkey and "glue" a whopper candy on top with melted chocolate or icing. You can see in the video I put melted chocolate into a plastic bag and then clipped the end. I find that the melted chocolate creates a very strong "glue" once it is dried. Sometimes I even attach the whopper and then put it in the fridge to get it nice and attached before I move on to the rest of the face. Then attach the nose and eyes also with the chocolate. We made the gobbler by cutting a little strip of fruit roll up and then laying it over the candy corn, no need for glue.
If you make a Turkey Cheeseball please let me know! It makes me so happy to hear when you make recipes from the blog! I'd love to hear in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or Facebook! I just love seeing pictures of your turkeys every Thanksgiving!!
Check out the entire Thanksgiving Index HERE.
Here are a few other Thanksgiving recipes you might like!